Protection & power management (software/unit) PPM-3
PPM3 - Protection & power management
DEIF’s protection & power management (PPM-3) is a market-leading Power Management System (PMS) standard suitable for a broad range of marine applications with up to 16 diesel generators, two shaft generators, two shore connections, eight bus tie breakers and two emergency/harbour generators including bus tie breaker control and the possibility of wrapped busbar applications.
The versatile and fully redundant multi-master system has been developed with fuel-efficient engine operation in view, and is an efficient and cost-effective solution with up to three powerful microprocessors.
Encompassing all necessary three-phase measuring circuits, values and alarms are displayed on a quality LCD screen.
Using a separate engine interface card as a backup shutdown unit, the protection & power management system (PPM-3) also provides extra safety for your engine with a separate microprocessor and separate power supply.
Multiple display units and operator panels can be connected to each controller, making access to the system possible from any location on the ship. Dedicated to versatile application uses and intuitive configuration and operation installing, the redundant multi-master system is fast, easy, requiring limited space.
DEIF’s programmable utility software allows for comprehensive customisation, including dedicating specific functions or logic conditions to different inputs and outputs. Applications with shaft generators, shore connections and bus tie breakers can be easily configured to the switchboard design itself. Operator-friendly one-touch sequences handle all automatic functions. Using the application tool, even complicated systems can be configured within a few minutes.
In addition, DEIF’s innovative Emulation software solution allows for safe power management system (PMS) testing at your desk, revolutionising the design and test of power management systems for multiple diesel gensets for instance.
Protection and power management - The benefits
It makes sense for all companies today to be aware of protection and power management systems (PPM) since it reduces energy consumption that both benefits the company's economy and carbon footprint. Furthermore, does power management systems contribute to consistent and reliable power.
Protection & power management (PPM3) - The features
- Internal system supervision
- Engine control, monitoring and protection
- 3-phase generator protections
- Automatic synchronisation and load sharing
- Internal redundant CAN bus and backup analogue load-share line
- Multiple display units and multiple Additional Operator Panels (AOPs)
- RS-485 and TCP/IP Modbus communication ports
- Interface to the DEIF advanced graphical touch screen AGI
- CAN bus port for J1939 engine supervision
- Alarm and event log, USB port for service software
- Up to 690 V AC direct AC inputs
- Advanced load-dependent start/stop calculations
- Blackout prevention and recovery
- Priority selection and base load function
- Heavy consumer handling and preferential trip
- Advanced fuel optimisation features
- One-touch auto sequences and M-Logic event builder
- Integrated emulation software solutio